Bug Out Vehicle

Electric Bloke

Bug Out Vehicle

Postby Electric Bloke » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 pm

I just thought I'd show my BOV, does anyone else have one? I have a ssb CB fitted, all terrain tyres, and a BOV car kit that lives in the back.
Attachments
20150710_150442.jpg
20160327_162503.jpg

Mr X

Re: Bug Out Vehicle

Postby Mr X » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:44 pm

I love it
i dont currently have a specific BOV due to limitations on parking where i am plus cost
i do have a President Lincoln Mk1 ( phillipines version ) with the blue screen on it
which covers 25.615mhz to 29.999mhz which has af, fm, usb, lsb and cw on it
although i am looking to trade it for an alinco dx-135uk which fits nicely in a car stereo socket
on a car dashboard. Currently using a springer but will be getting a wilson little will as i use a
car park with a hieght restriction on it and the little will has decent performance.
My current vehicle is a ford focus saloon and i picked up a little box trailer which i will be waterproofing
and kitting out with gas cylinder, double burner, couple of small tents and sleeping bags etc,
pretty much ready that in the event i can just hook it up and disapear and know i have what would be
needed for at least a month or two.
I am very much into bushcraft and have a disabled wife, so i would be ensuring she is comfortable
and had the basics which would enable me to have more time to forage etc.
I am including lots of plant seeds too, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, sweetcorn
and leeks, so that if i ended up somewhere more longterm i could get some crops started.

Electric Bloke

Re: Bug Out Vehicle

Postby Electric Bloke » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:28 am

Its funny you want an Alinco, because that's what I have fitted in my Jimny, it's the DR-135DX. I bought it because it's DIN sized and fits in the dash under the CD player, I can't fault it, my antenna is a K40, and I have a 100w/200w zetagi burner, it all works well together. I had another green Jimny before this one, and I had a Superstar 6900 fitted in that, but it was mounted under the glovebox, and it was a hassle to use being on the other side of the jeep. Actually, the first picture I put on with the rifle is my old Jimny, and the second picture is my new Jimny, I swapped my old wheels with tyres onto the new one, and got my windows tinted so it looks identical.
As far as long term bugging out goes, I aren't really set up for it. I hope to bug in, but bug out as a last resort. At home I have a water collection system with 1000 litre IBC and water filtration, I have 800 watts of solar, and a wood stove fitted in my living room. My BOL is a pheasant breeding ground, and also has bee hives, so I wouldn't have to totally rely on the food I carry, so if I needed to stay longer than expected, I probably could. I'm happy to cook on an open fire, but I also have a portable Trangia alcohol stove and plenty of methanol, and a gas stove with spare gas.

The picture below are from a bug out DX weekend, you can see where my old rig was fitted.
Attachments
IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG

Return to “Survival”